To use Emanote in your existing notebook,
- Configure it to use Neuron-like layout (this is optional)
In all notes, replace neuron’s
z:zettels-style tag queries with Obsidian-style queries.
- Note: Query results do not impact graph connections (thus backlinks). If you want to establish connections to multiple notes, do it by explicitly linking to them individually. Emanote chose this option, because it was simpler to implement. Users are encouraged to try to persuade the author otherwise if there is a compelling rationale.
If you have a
head.html, transfer its contents to index.yaml (see example and explanation)
Capabilities Emanote provides, but neuron does not
Live server (thanks to Ema)
- with hot reload
- and faster incremental build
Flexible WikiLinks (link to directories, or based on path, eg:
[[Foo/Bar]]) including File WikiLinks.
- More lenient handling of malformed Markdown (eg: broken links)
- Flexible WikiLinks (link to directories, or based on path, eg:
- “Timeline backlinks” (Twitter-like registering of thoughts on any note)
- Full-text search
Better hierarchical directory tree integraion
Full path based URLs (unless
Static files can be placed anywhere (not just in
- Full path based URLs (unless
- YAML based configuration at per-route level
Layer system (merge Zettelkastens, or overlay them)
- Full theming (customize HTML Templates fully)
- Hierarchical tag index, and task index.
Porting existing Vim plugins
See JSON export.